RULES & ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Who can participate in the Communication Awards?
Any of the following organisations can take part:
- National ministries;
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs);
- Organisations representing local, regional and municipal authorities;
- Other public or mixed authorities;
- Professional organisations (including farmers’, agricultural or rural development associations);
- Think tanks, research or academic institutions;
- Communication agencies / communication professionals
What kind of projects can be submitted?
Any ongoing or completed project, which evidently communicates themes related to the Common Agricultural Policy, and for which the implementation phase started no earlier than 1 January 2010.
- Projects must be submitted before 12:00 CET (midday) on Monday 22 October 2012.
- Applications should be submitted in English, French or German. No other languages will be accepted.
- An awards helpdesk will be available to assist applicants. Phone number: +32 2 333 59 18 E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org The helpdesk will operate on working days from 9:00-13:00 and from 14:00-17:30 CET. Enquiries will be dealt with within three working days of receipt. Prior to submission, all helpdesk enquiries should be sent before Thursday 18 October 2012, 17:00 CET.
- Only fully completed project application forms will be accepted. Additional material will not be accepted after the closing date (Monday 22 October, 12:00 CET).
- Each project can only be entered once. Applicants may submit up to three different projects, in the same or in various categories.
- Applications meeting the eligibility criteria will be taken forward for evaluation by an independent jury made up of experts in the field of communications and experts in agriculture and rural development policy.
- Following the evaluation process, the jury will select three winning projects for each of the award categories. The jury reserves the right, if deemed appropriate, to reallocate an applicant’s project to another category other than the category the applicant originally applied for.
- The decision on the final ranking (gold, silver, bronze) for each award category will be taken by an invited audience of communication specialists who will vote during the awards ceremony. Finalists will be invited to present their project before the audience makes their vote.
All applicants will receive a notification of whether their submitted projects are eligible.
- Finalists selected by the jury will receive an invitation to attend the awards ceremony and networking event (taking place in Brussels on 10 December). The invitation will be sent towards the end of November. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified by email around the same time.
Evaluation will take into account the following:
- Objectives and communication strategy
Quality of strategy and objectives, project design, project deliverables, project programme and methods used to deliver the strategy
- Target audience
Relevance of project to the selected target audience, pre-assessment of the target audience's information needs, quality and variety of methods used to reach the selected target audience and active involvement of the target audience in the project
Conceptual approach and design of the project, visual aspects, innovative and creative mix of communication tools, actions and channels
The extent to which the objectives were met, the extent to which the impact on the target audience was achieved, the number of people reached, the number and the quality of communication channels used, the cost-effectiveness of the project.
- Relevance to the Common Agricultural Policy
Clarity, relevance and appropriateness of direct or indirect links to the policy areas of the CAP
- Best practice
The project offers a best-practice case-study in terms of: quality of project, outreach, impact, and multiplier effect; visibility of project, dissemination and exploitation of results, replication potential in other countries
For the category ‘Innovative communication’, particular emphasis will be placed on creative/innovative aspects of the submitted project.